You may think you know everything about dogs, but we bet there are 5 interesting facts about dogs that you may not know. Would you like to find out what these facts are? If so, then continue reading the rest of this article.
1. Dogs Can Understand Many Words and Gestures – You probably already know that dogs can understand many different words and gestures. What you may not know is how many can understand. So how many gestures and words can they understand? You have the ability to understand more than 200, which is quite a lot.
2. Many Dogs Live in America – America may not be the largest country in the world in terms of land mass, but it is home to most of the dogs. You may not be surprised by this, but what may surprise you is that France comes in second. That’s right, there are more dogs in France than in many larger countries.
3. Dog Ears Are Very Muscular – If you look at a dog’s ears you may not notice, but they are very muscular. Not necessarily in terms of size, but in terms of the amount of muscle. What we mean by that is that dog ears contain twice as much muscle as human ears.
4. Greyhounds run very fast – Greyhound dogs can run very fast, and that is why greyhound races exist. This really isn’t a secret, but do you know how fast they can run? Try up to 45 mph, which is almost as fast as some of the speed limits that are in place on many roads. Dogs generally run fast, but greyhounds are the fastest dogs in the world. So if you ever get a greyhound as a pet, make sure you have plenty of land because they love to run.
5. Dogs Are Not Color Blind – Many people assume that dogs are color blind, and they believe that all dogs see in black and white. The fact is, dogs aren’t actually color blind. Dogs can recognize colors, but they don’t see as clearly as humans.
There are many other interesting facts you may not know about dogs. However, the five discussed above are some of the facts that people rarely know about dogs. The five facts talked about in this article might help you have a better understanding of dogs, or some of the facts might even have answered some questions that you didn’t have the answers to.